Top 10 Strategic Technology Trends for 2020
The technology trend of 2020 tends to change the lives of people, enabling continuous digitalization of business and driving organizations to refresh their business models. That change may be incremental or radical and may be applied to existing business models or new models and technologies. Technology leaders may adopt a mindset and new practices that may apply to new technologies. The top 10 strategic technology trends are driving the business in a continuous innovation that comes under the part of Continuous-Next Strategy.
Organizations need to understand how these strategies and technologies of 2020 where thet need to be applied across the business models in a continuous and complementary cycle:
- Continuous Operations: It helps to exploit the technology that supports running the business today, modernize it and improve the efficiency. Existing business models and environment sets upon the stage in which opportunities are explored and will ultimately influence the cost, risk, and success of implementing efforts.
- Continuous Innovations: It helps to exploit the technology that in return helps to transform the business. This innovation cycle looks more radicals at the changes within business models supporting the technologies that extended the business.
Trends and technologies do not exist within an isolation. They build on and reinforce one another to create the digital world. As per Gartner report, following Top 10 Strategic Technology Trends have been identified for 2020:
- Hyperautomation deals with the application of advanced technologies including AI and machine learning to increasingly automate the processes. This trend was kicked off a year ago with Robotic Process Automation (RPA). As per Gartner technology and trends 2020 report, Hyperautomation requires a combination of tools for help and support.
- Multiexperience deals with the way people control, perceive and interact with the digital world across the wide range of devices. The combined shift in both perception and interaction models leads to the multisensory and multimodal experience, something we will see starting off from 2020.
- Democratization explores how to create a simplified model for people to consume digital systems and tap into automated expertise. Throughout 2023, Gartner aspects of the democratization tends to accelerate.
- Human augmentation explores how humans are cognitively and physically augmented by the systems. Gartner anticipates that over the next 10 years, increasing levels of physical and cognitive human augmentation will become more prevalent as individual seek personal enhancements.
- Transparency and traceability focus on data privacy and digital ethics challenges and the application of design that increases the transparency and traceability hence enhancing the trust.
- Empowered edge emphasizes how the spaces around us are highly populated by sensors and devices that connect people to one another and the available digital services. However as per technology and trends report 2020, edge computing will become an important factor virtually across all industries and use cases as the edge is empowered with increasingly more sophisticated and specialized resources with more data storage.
- Distributed cloud examines a major evaluation in cloud computing where the applications, tool, security, and others are physically shifting from a centralized data center mode to the point in which the services are distributed and delivered at the point of need. This represents the significant shift from the centralized model of most public cloud services hence leading to a new era in cloud computing.
- Autonomous things explore how physical things in the space around people are enhanced with great capabilities to perceive, interact and move with various levels of human guidance, autonomy, and collaboration. The automation of these things goes beyond the automation provided by the programming models and they exploit AI to deliver the advanced behaviors.
- Practical blockchain focuses on how blockchain can be leveraged in enterprises uses cases that are expanding over the next three to five years. Asset tracking also has value in other years, such as tracing food across a supply chain to more easily identify the origin of contamination.
- AI security deals with the reality of securing AI-powered systems that are behind the people-centric trends.
As far as we can see in these stretegic technology and trends of 2020, the new year anticipates great opportunities as well as challenges for CIOs and their teams. Yet, it is paramount to always remember that embracing change and adopting new technologies that guarantee your enterprise will remain active and competitive on the market. Resisting change will only set your company a few but important steps behind. To know how you can cut down your IT expenses in the year, you can talk to our experts at TechNEXA Technologies.